Owned and occupied by John King, The King House was originally built on an old Spanish grave yard. The first house fell to fire and was rebuilt sometime after April 25, 1881. It still stands in Mayport to this day.
A distant aunt of Mr. King’s was pitch-forked to death as she sat in a green rocking chair by her jealous sailor ex-boyfriend. Many, including Mr. King, have claimed the chair rocked with no one sitting in it. The aunt’s ghost roams the halls of the house to this day.