Hometown Tales Podcast

Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm Going to Read !!




Next week I am going to be taking a couple of days off down at the Jersey Shore. Of course we'll still be recording a show from down there.

However, for the most part I am hoping to get some R&R. While I rarely do it, I enjoy reading books. I read a lot of online stuff, magazines, newspapers, etc... but rarely do I get time to actually read a book. Of course I still love them.

Many listeners and friends send Hometown Tales books and we absolutely love it, even though it takes months to get a read.

On my reading list this week is "Lighter Than Air" a science fiction story by Henry Melton. It involves a kid, Jon, who works with an inventor and has access to tons of "lighter than air" foam. So of course, he plans to make UFO and trick everyone on the unofficial prank day at school. The stress of life and coping with a very sick mother should be wiped away with Jon's little fun. That is until his little sister gets different plans for the prank.

This book sounds great 1) because we all have wanted to create a UFO to trick people (even Greg Brady did it) 2) Recently right here in Morristown, NJ two guys did just that and tricked the world for a few days and finally #3) The author, Henry Melton, sent us the book himself inspired by listening to our show.

I hope you'll check it out too are Wire Rim Books